Anastronaut Review

• tsampikos
  • tsampikos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Master of Dimensions
  • Master of Dimensions
More
01 Νοε 2012 23:58 #39972 by tsampikos
Anastronaut Review was created by tsampikos
Easy on me this is my first review ever!!
I learned about Anastronaut through a friend of mine on twitter. I saw the developer's blog and youtube trailers. I didn't understand at first what I was dealing with, is it a cartoon animation or a game? So I bought it reluctantly.
I installed it on my PC and started playing it. There is an optional settings window to adjust resolution and select graphics and sound devices… I did not do anything with it since the installer knows what's best!

The game begins like most adventure games: New game, restore or quit. I started a new game and the introduction scene plays. An animation clip like a cartoon movie plays then the game begins.
You control a space explorer called Anas (it's the developer's name Anas Abdin) you solve puzzles and go to planets and spaceships… There are different characters in the game that you talk to and interact with. There weren't too complicated dialogues in the game. I didn't come across any bugs or errors in the game.
I loved the atmosphere of the game! The speech and voices are very clean, everything is animated (there are tons of movements and animations for pick up, climb and so on..) and there are many cartoons in the middle here and there. The graphics are very sharp and well painted. Some of the puzzles are so interesting and some are hard (I looked for online help to solve some parts I got stuck on, but the solution was intuitive and I could have guessed it if I thought more!) the controls of the game are like Sierra cursors, inventory and restore/save/quit menus… (in addition, the game comes along with a pdf file explaining how to use the controls in a very friendly way, and the game aspects)
Oh there is a song that pops in the middle of the game! I totally got surprised and I think it is a very lovely reward for completing tasks on a planet! Just sit back and relax a little!
The story of the game is a good one and well written. No spoilers here: The hero is wandering in space for research and study, he finds a small asteroid that has huge gravity. He thinks his ship's radars are broken so he decides to investigate the asteroid by leaving his ship at a distance and approach the asteroid with his spacesuit. When he is collecting a sample of stone from the asteroid someone steals his ship and leave him stuck on the asteroid which he will discover later it is a part of a spacelab. You have to survive and find a way to leave the place and get your ship back through an adventure. I enjoyed the game so much. I love the idea when you had to make the hero grab a metal object so he won't be sucked into space by keep on a click on the mouse and never release it until the danger is gone! Brilliant!
In his blog, the developer is preparing a sequel which looks very nice as well. I am definitely getting it.
In conclusion, I enjoyed the game so much. I love sci-fi adventures and this was a gem I discovered recently. If you like Space Quest then you will like Anastronaut.
thanks for reading!!!!
Fadia G.

Game blog: anas-tronaut.blogspot.com/

Please Σύνδεση or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Νοε 2012 00:12 #39975 by Constantine_R
Replied by Constantine_R on topic Re: Anastronaut Review
@tsampikos
Ρε φίλε μήπως θα έπρεπε να πεις δυο λόγια στα Αγγλικά να καταλάβει και ο/η Fadia τι συμβαίνει και το review της είναι στο όνομά σου; :rolleyes:

Και πάλι καλά έκανες.... :D

“You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.”

• tsampikos
  • Master of Dimensions
  • Master of Dimensions
More
02 Νοε 2012 00:35 #39976 by tsampikos
Replied by tsampikos on topic Re: Anastronaut Review
Βασικά το έκανα από ένστικτο, καθώς είμαι οπαδός της "διεθνοποίησης" του Advocate. Θα της στείλω κανένα PM, αλλά πιστεύω πως τα παιδία που είναι Admins της σελίδας μπορούν να αλλάξουν το όνομά μου και να βάλουν πάλι το δικό της χωρίς πρόβλημα.

More
02 Νοε 2012 00:37 #39977 by WickedMan
Replied by WickedMan on topic Re: Anastronaut Review
Βασικά, θα πρότεινα να της στείλεις ένα pm εξηγώντας της εν συντομία την κατάσταση και να της πεις να κάνει η ίδια copy paste το review της. Και μετά να σβήσεις το δικό σου, έτσι ώστε να υπάρχει το review στο forum κάτω από το όνομα της. Νομίζω θα είναι πιο καλά έτσι... :)

edit: Βασικά, με πρόλαβες... :P

Πάρε χαφάκι, χαφάκι Ισπανό / Γάλλο πάρε για κόφτη / φουνταριστό Αργεντινό / γκολκίπερ πάντα Γερμανόοοοο / και καπετάν τον Τότι...

• tsampikos
  • Master of Dimensions
  • Master of Dimensions
More
02 Νοε 2012 00:42 #39978 by tsampikos
Αυτό θα κάνω. Μακάρι η κοπέλα να νιώσει άνετα και να γίνει θαμώνας, γιατί η αλήθεια είναι ότι ξεκίνησε φορτσάτη κάτι πολύ ευχάριστο.

More
02 Νοε 2012 01:02 #39979 by Constantine_R
Τσαμπίκο δεν μπορείς να στείλεις πμ γιατί η fadia δεν υπάρχει... :lol:
Με την "επανεκκίνηση" του site έχει σβηστεί ο λογαριασμός της (γράφτηκε προφανώς μετά της 10 Οκτώβρη). Άσε καλύτερα ένα μήνυμα εδώ γιατί μπορεί να ψάχνει τι έγινε ο λογαριασμός της.

“You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.”

• tsampikos
  • Master of Dimensions
  • Master of Dimensions
More
02 Νοε 2012 01:06 #39980 by tsampikos
Πράγματι, κι εγώ την έψαχνα και τρελάθηκα. Η κακομοίρα θα νομίζει ότι,,,την σουτάραμε εμείς! :lol: Ας γράψουμε κάτι...

• tsampikos
  • Master of Dimensions
  • Master of Dimensions
More
02 Νοε 2012 01:13 #39982 by tsampikos
@Fadia

Due to technical Problems (Images of the main Adventure Advocate site couldn't be displayed) many new posts and member accounts, such as yours, were deleted. The Problem has been resolved now, but you have to re-register to the site. We saved many freshly written Posts (the problem occured just during October), including your great Anastronaut Review. Please do copy it and re-paste it, so that it is displayed next to your name! :) Everything is fine now, and we are sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue. :)

More
02 Νοε 2012 09:46 #39988 by crocark
Replied by crocark on topic Re: Anastronaut Review
ΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑαααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααααα ........ :!:

Έτσι εξηγείται. Μίκυ είχες δίκιο τελικά :!: Και ρε μάγκες, για να καταλάβω, ξεσκιστήκατε όλοι να ψάχνετε τι σόι όνομα είναι το Φάντια, ε; Ά ρε κερατούκληδες. Είδατε ποδόγυρο κι αρχίσατε να φέρνετε σβούρες.

Μπράβο ρε Μίκυ, είσαι μιλάμε σκέτο walkthrough :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:idea:

Λέω κι εγώ ... Που θα κάτσει ο mal να παίξει το another world :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :? :? :? :? :? :? :? Μα ποιον δουλεύει; :lol:

Νόμιζα ότι κάποιος του είχε κλέψει το λογαριασμό του :? :(

Τώρα όμως που εξηγήθηκαν όλα τα μυστήρια, ναι, επικροτώ :!: :D :D :D

ΑΠΟ ΤΟΥ ΗΛΙΟΥ ΜΕΤΑΣΤΗΘΙ

More
02 Νοε 2012 10:51 #39989 by Constantine_R
Το Μίκυ περίμενες να στο πει;;.....

Δεν τα πιάνεις γρήγορα τελικά........... :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: